Thursday 15 November 2012

Breathe in, breathe out. Show me... sand the sides.


We're very fortunate where we live that in the middle of November we can work outdoors. Though it was cloudy over the last few days it was about 6 to 8 degrees above which made for perfect working weather. My garage is packed full with stuff.  Brimming you might say. And, unfortunately, not at all conducive to a project of this magnitude. Thankfully we have a covered carport that (though not well lit) provides a sheltered work environment which allowed me to continue on my project.



I spent most of yesterday (Wednesday) sanding the sides that Doug and I had cut previously.  Just outside of my garage (in the sunlight) I clamped the two pieces together and using my Black & Decker mouse sander (or mistake eraser as I have come to call it) I smoothed out the rough edges and made the two pieces as close to flush as someone with no woodworking skills at all can.



Even though the weather is still mild it wasn't long before it got dark.  I had tried to put a monitor shelf brace in place as well as screw the base into one of the side pieces but found out the hard way that the screws I was using were a little on the short side. Gave up on that notion until I had acquired some new hardware.  So after a few hours of sanding I began packing everything up with plans to start earlier the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good, Nerdo!
    Can't wait til this sucker is all finished up & the focal point of our dining area. Yay! So proud of your determination, babe! xo!

    ReplyDelete