Friday 6 March 2015

NES pickups - March 5th, 2015

Well another thrift store gauntlet under our belts and I'm beginning to realize that the proprietors of these establishments either know the value of these little gray plastic boxes or collect them too because I have done the local circuit more than a few times in the past months and have come up empty handed.  My wife, seeing my puppy dog woe-is-me eyes, told me we should stop in at a few pawnshops as well and look for carts and so at the 2nd such stop I actually found a few little gems to add to the collection.  Nothing extremely rare in this lot but still nice to find.  I picked up the unlicensed game: Dudes with Attitude, The Great Waldo Search and I think the final WWF wrestling game I was missing for the collection:  WWF Steel Cage Challenge.  The games all show their age in different ways, but despite their flaws they will be welcome additions!

I suppose the irony of these finds compared to my last entry is that I got all 3 games today for about the same price as I paid for the one game in Kamloops (and I didn't travel several hours to get them).




NES Carts:  462
Licensed games:  427/687
Unlicensed games:  35/90


No comments:

Post a Comment