Thursday 11 June 2015

NES Pickups - June 10th, 2015

Quick update on the collection.  Another successful transaction with JT or is it TJ?  Anyway I've bought a few lots from this seller through online ads and tonight I received 7 games that I didn't have.  New additions are as follows:  Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Captain Planet & the Planeteers, Day Dreamin' Davey, Hook, Sky Kid, Spellunker, and Spot.



Standouts from this lot would be Day Dreamin' Davey, SPOT, and Captain Planet & the Planeteers. I base this not on the playability of these games, but rather the fact that those three are titles I don't see too often in the wild.  My collection app rates these all between a 7 or 8 out of 12 (yes, that's right, it is a 12point rating system) for rarity.  In addition to the games themselves, I was also happy that 3 of the games came with cardboard Funcoland sleeves. Because Funcoland became gamestop in 2000  (and because they are cardboard and not the standard plastic construction like the original nes sleeves) I find these artifacts to be hard to come by.  I also did not grow up anywhere near a funcoland so when I come across these items it is a bonus.

Nes Carts:  513
Licensed games:  474/687

No comments:

Post a Comment