Thursday 10 July 2014

NES Pickups - July 10th, 2014


Last night I got an email from a recent contact I made who is a nes collector/seller.  You'll remember me mentioning him in previous posts as the guy who lives right around the corner from me.  Anyway... Shayne emailed me to let me know he had made a huge trade that landed him with 60 new titles and asked if I wanted the first look at them before he posted them for sale.   My eyes were as big as saucers as I replied that I would love to have a look at the games tomorrow.

I made arrangements to go by his place after 5 pm to take a look at his recent findings and brought along a few of my doubles in the event that he might want to trade.  Unfortunately this trip would be a tad bittersweet.  He had a lot of new games to peruse but, after close inspection with both my mental list and my Ipod app, I concluded that I had all but two of them:  Magic Darts, and Infiltrator.   Long story short I traded him for a pair of my doubles straight across (game for game) and so adding those two new titles to my collection cost me nothing out of pocket today!  The additions of Magic Darts and Infiltrator brings my collection total to:  417 games and 50.61% of the overall collection.  With the exception of some label damage on M.D. the games look pretty clean overall.



As sad as it was that he only acquired two new games (out of the 60 new ones he had) that I was lacking, it is somewhat fulfilling to realize that my collection is beginning to reach a stage where finding new games (without the help of Ebay) is becoming more scarce.


No comments:

Post a Comment