Wednesday 2 July 2014

NES pickups - July 2nd, 2014



Got a package in the mail today from Game Gavel Dot Com in it was the following:



The package consisted of 3 carts and 2 manuals:   World Games, Muppets Adventure, 8 Eyes, and manuals for The Karate Kid, and Galaga.  As bad as the game is, it was still rewarding to add the Muppets Adventure game to my library. I played through this game a little bit on my M.A.M.E. machine as a preview and came to the conclusion that this is not really a game for playability but rather a game for collectibility. As for the others,  I had not played World games on the NES, but I played it a lot on the Commodore 64. It was always entertaining in the weightlifting competition to watch the facial expressions of the competitors.  The last game, 8 eyes, looks like the spawn of many like-minded games of the time; most notably Castlevania.

This was my first experience buying from Gamegavel.com and I must say it was flawless.  The seller (Dennis) of FND Collectibles was courteous and professional.  It was such wonderful experience compared to the last few auctions I won from Ebay.

A week or so back (against my better judgement) I added the Game Genie in my collector app and that put me at exactly 50% of the collection.  With these 3 additions I am at 50.36% my cartridge total is:  414

No comments:

Post a Comment