Sunday 5 August 2012

Weekly Update: July 30th - August 5th, 2012

NES pickups for the week ending August 5th:

Well first off this was definitely one of the best weeks I've had so far in my collecting history. On Monday night I took my 2nd mini road trip in as many weeks to a neighboring city to visit a collector who found an ad I'd placed.  He sold me a lot that contained 12 games.  See picture below:



Even though the condition of a few of the games was less than perfect it was still a rush to add RC Pro-am II, and Batman Returns to my stable.  Other standouts from the lot were:  Adventure Island 2, Tale Spin and Little Nemo.

I was still coming down from that when, Tuesday morning, I got a package from the US (off of ebay) that contained several games w/instructions.   Included in the lot was Street Fighter 2010, WURM, Demon Sword and Mig 29.  I always get excited about Camerica games (maybe I just like shiny things).

The rest of the week was pretty quiet.  Made my usual trip to the flea market on Sunday and picked up:  Karate Champ, Sky Shark, Captain Skyhawk, Duck Hunt and Super spike V-Ball.  It occurred to me while buying the last two that Nintendo were pioneers in the field commonly used by movie distributors, mainly, let's take a game and package and re-package it as many ways as we can.  This way the hardcore collectors will have no choice but to buy them.  I've seen this used by magazine editors who put 3 or 4 different people on their covers for the same issue and of course I've got I don't know how many Critereon collection, Director's cuts, extended cuts, Theatrical cuts, etc.  I think for Starwars Alone I probably have 5 different box sets between VHS and DVD.   The reason I bring this up is I purchased Duck Hunt and Superspike V-Ball.  Both games I have on other carts:  I have duckhunt on the Dual cart (supermario bros./duck hunt) as well as the trio cart for the powerpad edition (smb, duckhunt, world class track meet).  I have World class track meet on it's own and SMB on it's own too.  Don't even get me started on the 3 screw /5 screw variations.  Same holds true for Superspike V-ball.  I had this game previously on a cart with Nintendo World cup.  In fact today I had to  hold myself back from buying (uggggh) another copy of Bases Loaded because the spine sticker was different.  The one I have says Jaleco in a scripted font and the one I saw today had Jaleco in a straight (bigger font) like on my copy of city connection.   it's all a little bit excessive Nintendo!  Anyway rant over.  Let's check my score:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player One Score:    288



No comments:

Post a Comment