Sunday 14 September 2014

NES Pickups September 14th, 2014

It's been a slow month on the collection front...  but today I did manage to find a couple of new games at the flea market.  It was bitter sweet because even though I came home with 2 new carts I found out from my regular vendor that the Flea Market will cease operations in October.  Unless they find a new venue it will be the end of an era (of sorts).

Okay on to the additions:  today I got WWF King of the Ring and Gyruss.  I haven't played this particular wrestling game before, but I spent many hours playing Gyruss.  These two bring my total cart count to 434.



As you can see, Gyruss is in very good shape. The label is clean and the cartridge itself has stood up to the last 25-30 years quite well.  King of the Ring on the other hand is starting to look like it is in the twilight of its career.  It is sporting all of the bumps and bruises of the many piledrivers, bodyslams and suplexes it has likely endured during its lifetime.  Either way it is nice to add these.
Side note: I also picked up a near mint copy of Road Blasters. The label on my original one was starting to peel quite badly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment