Saturday 27 September 2014

NES Pickups: September 27th, 2014



Today's pickups are quite special because they were a surprise!  I didn't realize that there was a trunk sale going on in our town and I was at work when my wife called me and said she was standing in front of a table of games.  She rattled off a bunch of titles and I relived my childhood briefly with the 'need it, need it, got it, need it got it" routine from the hockey card days.  At any rate there were two titles that I didn't have yet and one that (for the price) I couldn't pass up.  Hoping it will make a good trade sometime down the road.  

She picked up: Life Force & Wheel of Fortune (family edition) and for good measure the extra I got which was a double was the always entertaining Bubble Bobble.  The two new games bring my total to:  451


Another note of interest is that I have been trying to compile a list of my games which includes dates when they were acquired and the source.  This may be of little interest to anyone but me, but it will allow me to create some back blogs so to speak from the earlier times of my collection.  To do this I put on my detective cap and sifted through backups of old emails, bank statements and game lists. It has been a huge undertaking and even when I'm done there will be holes in the timeline because (prior to this blog) I did't keep very good records as to the who, what, when and wheres of my collection.  The standout from this set would have to be Life Force!  It is an extremely fun shooter that I played alot in my teenage years.  It is listed at #38 on IGN's top 100 nes games (and for good reason).  Happy hunting and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment