Sunday 21 September 2014

Trade/Lot pickup September 21st, 2014


For a day that started with me skipping the flea market in order to host a garage sale I never would have imagined gaining 13 new carts!  While putting my feet up in between "customers" I got a notification about a closed group for Video game collectors in my area.  One of my friends sent me an invite to this group and so I clicked on it and began to peruse the site during my down time. I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of my new go-to-guys for games had recently been to Vancouver and hit up the garage sales down there.  In all he came back with dozens of new games; among them several that I did not have yet.  After trading messages back and forth all afternoon he finally came by and showed me his new cache of games.  We put together a deal that included some trades and some cash and in the end I walked away with 13 new games (pictures below).





It was very difficult to contain my enthusiasm when I saw the list of games he had picked up and this latest batch has helped me to complete my collection of Simpsons games, Star Wars games, and Quattro series games for the NES.






Today was what I would refer to as a pulp culture bonanza!  I picked up The Last Action Hero, Simpsons: Bartman meets Radioactive Man and Empire Strikes Back, There were more than a couple of standouts in this set but I would say the three above, as well as Kiwi Kraze, Fantasy Zone, and Tiny Toons Cartoon Workshop.  Many of the games from today I had not seen in the wild so far so that was extremely exciting.  All labels were more or less intact and the only real problem cart was the Last Action Hero.  It has some stubborn (I cringe to use the word permanent) marker below the label that I am hoping can be taken care of with a magic eraser and some elbow grease. Despite this flaw I was excited to put this steampile of  "Ahnold" goodness into my collection.

Next game pickup blog should see me hit another mini-milestone in my collection.

I currently sit at 449 carts and 55% of the overall collection. Thanks for reading and if you do happen to see this please feel free to comment me on twitter via the hashtag:   #8bitbobby


2 comments:

  1. Rounded out Star Wars & Simpsons, huh? Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, shucks! Thanks Jennie! This collecting thing is really becoming an obsession... haha. When I'm not collecting games I'm writing about collecting games or thinking about the writing ,of or collecting of... games. And just to help enable me a little more... in the last few days Missy has bought me 3 games and a book all about the History of Video Games. I'm a lucky nerd!

    ReplyDelete