Sunday 5 April 2015

NES Pickups - April 5th, 2015 aka "the 'tendo Reno"




I am starting to reap the rewards of networking in the local retrogaming community.  In the past week or so I've made several trades and have picked up a few new additions to my collection.  Today was a busy day and I met with three of the people I've been working with lately.  Out of these meetings I garnered one new game, a wireless retrogaming controller and better copies of about 4 games.  I called this entry the 'tendo Reno because alot of these trades were about acquiring better label versions of some games in my library.  I've said it a few times throughout the writing of this journal that securing games is one thing, but capturing them in good condition is something entirely different.  It is easy to forget (especially with the resurgence of interest in these games in recent years) that they are 30 years and so finding copies that have been given the respect they deserved right out of the box and protected appropriately is a lofty task.

Out of today's adventures I was able to replace (with near mint copies):  Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Double Dare, Heavy Shreddin' and Milon's Secret Castle.  I also managed to pick up a new title which is one I've tried to find for awhile now:  Kickle Cubicle! This one and Battletoads have been the highlights of the year so far. Two titles I didn't think I'd get at such fair prices.  In the lot with Kickle I also got a wireless retro controller by the same company who made some of the unlicensed NES games: Camerica.

This brings the NES total to:  472!!

No comments:

Post a Comment