Thursday 9 April 2015

NES Pickups - April 8th & 9th, 2015


The last two days have been pretty awesome in terms of nintendo-related pickups.  I suppose it's like anything else in life -- when you stop trying to find non-game related artifacts that's when they tend to fall into your lap.  Such was the case yesterday when one of my trading buddies messaged me that he had a blue carrying case I might be interested in.  What he had found was the NES Z padded console carrying bag.  Made by Nintendo in about 1988 or 1989 This blue, red and yellow zippered beauty was designed for toting your control deck, controllers and favorite games to grandma and grandpa's, the babysitter's or your best friend's house.

It's very hard to spend my money on anything but games, however, when something like this comes along at the right price I just have to jump on it.  I never had one growing up and, in all honesty, didn't even know this style existed.  I had other hard plastic containers that were more designed to house games than the system itself.  Besides the functional nature of this bag it is also fashioned in some pretty tubular '80s colors!




Today I made a trade with one of my regular go-to guys for games and came away with a boxed NES Satellite and 2 new games:  Caveman Games and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of the Lance. NES Satellite is another one of those peripherals I never owned as a child.  I had a few of the other controllers of the day but this one always was too far out of reach.  Sad thing is... unless I start purchasing stock in Duracell or Eveready batteries I won't likely ever test drive this hub because it takes 6 C-size batteries.  (Wireless technology at its finest!).



NES Cart total:  474

No comments:

Post a Comment