Sunday 6 May 2012

Lunar Pool - a Foreward to Backward Thinking


Perhaps it was the deja vu that last night's Super Moon stirred within me that beckoned me back to the late nights I kept as a kid growing up in the 80s when my TV screen was the only light, or just pure lunacy itself. Whatever the reason I decided that I would begin this blog as a means to justify the nintendo obsession welling up within me. To quell and sate the need in me to return to a time that was both formative and informative.  To share in what I hope to be many future discoveries of 8 bit treasures both familiar and unknown.

A much wiser man than me once wrote that you can not step twice into the same river.  True as that may be I want to gaze into the Pool of Radiance and swim again like Mario in world 2-2, back to a time when Link was neither missing nor weak, and a 'Hippo' was King.

I make no apologies for the fact that I may have typed the longest run-on sentences ever put to screen.  My super power was not X-ray vision, nor silver arrows -- but "lungevity" which I credit to the countless times I've blown the dust out of my games. (like so many of us did). Windows has it's blue screen of death and we all had to endure the red flashing square. A blood-shot eyeball winking at us. Mocking.  Good times.


***********************************************************

In the past few years prior to starting this blog I began trying to reaquire many of the games I had as a kid before I left the 'nes't. At present, I stand just shy of 200 nes titles, but I plan to update along the way.  In future installments I will share with you the backstory of this renewed 8bit interest of mine through stories of my first introduction to the system, my trailblazing first games and notes on my various adventures and misadventures in Hyrule and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment